- "compose," to make, to integrate. " "composite", "complete"
- we say something is "composed" when it is whole, has unity.
- something's "composition" is what it is comprised of, what elements came together to form it.
- to be a composer is to be an integrator; classical ideas of "harmony" relating to cosmic perfection and balance ("music of the spheres")
- music as the reconciliation of elements into a "harmonious" unity.
- I've lately thought of composing as like a jigsaw puzzle where the composer also has to make the pieces.